Sunday, September 28, 2008

We didn't start the fire...

I haven't written much this week because there was a fire in our apartment Tuesday night when I was out of town and like I stated in the headline...we didn't start the fire.
A heating company was installing a new water boiler in the basement and their welding instrument caught the insulation on fire. What's really neat is that the insulation was hay (nah...horse hay) and newspapers from the 1930s. The fire spread into the rest of the basement, the bathroom, the pantry, and the laundry room. I was out of town and the bf handled everything by himself. He did an amazing job!
There is still a lot of moisture in the walls from the water hoses and they are trying to dry the walls out with very large and loud fans. Everything is fine but it has been a whirlwind of a week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow. I'm so glad you both were okay!

Ray said...

ugh...what a mess to deal with!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin