Thursday, November 06, 2008

Hotel Cafe Tour

Last night Ang and I went to the Hotel Cafe Tour at Park West.
The Lineup:
Jaymay
Alice Russel (awful don't even bother looking her up)
THOA FUCKING NGUYEN!!!! (fuck yeah)
Meiko
Rachael Yamagata



I had never heard of anyone before besides THAO FUCKING NGUYEN! I've been a huge fan of hers for about 4 years. I love every single one of her songs and she hardly ever comes to Chicago. Well, I don't think Ang knew how big a deal it was for me to see her until I started crying (yes, crying...rock solid awesome suzanne cried at a concert) during her song Tallymarks. She played an amazing set I couldn't help myself.

Also, while I was throwing away my 4th (no 5th) (no 4th) beer I saw that Thao was standing RIGHT behind me. I kinda flipped out a little bit(okay a lot). I scooted back over to Ang and said "Lookbehindyou!". Ang told me to go talk to her so I grabbed another beer and the conversation went something like this:

ME: ImaBigBigFan!!!!! (very awkward, kinda shouting, huge fucking grin on my face)
Thao: Oh, awesome. I'm Thao.
Me: AHAHAHAHAHA (uncontrollable laughter). Yeah,I KNOW WHO YOU ARE! Um...I'm Suzanne.
Thao: Isn't this venue awesome?
Me: Yeah, I've never been here before it's pretty cool. You were so awesome tonight!
Thao: Thanks! Oh, I'm up next gotta run.
Me: Bye (Awkward wave and I couldn't stop smiling for 10 min.)

It was amazing.
Probably one of the best nights of my life.



Yes, Justin we were that friggin' close. Be jealous.




ALL AMAZING FRIGGIN' PHOTOS ARE COURTESY OF THE SHORT THE SWEET: ANGILIO

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin