Although I may love to look at beautiful shiny jewelry I’m not one to wear it. I have boxes and boxes of jewelry but they just collect dust in my closet. Part of me thinks I don’t wear it because I’m not that much of a girly girl, the other part of me just worries that something will happen to it while I’m wearing it. People that know me understand how clumsy I am. Once, I got a necklace caught on a doorknob and when I stood up the necklace snapped in half.
Seriously who does that?
Someday you’ll meet me and you’ll notice my fingers will be diamond free, my wrists will only have a elastic band for holding my hair up, my ears have holes for studs I used to wear but no longer do, the only thing piece of jewelry you’ll ever see on me is a pendant my brother bought me.
To my knowledge my brother has only ever bought me two pieces of jewelry. He bought me a necklace when he was on a tour in the gulf (he’s in the navy) with a pearl and diamond. I wore this necklace for 2 years straight until he bought be a pendant from Tiffanys last year for my graduation/birthday. I usually wear it everyday and I think about him every time I see it. I’m a sappy sister and I love my butthead brother.
Do you have a piece of jewelry that means a lot to you?
Do you change out your accessories everyday?
Friday, July 10, 2009
The relationship I have with jewelry
at 3:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comments:
Hah. I buy jewelry every now and then but very rarely do I wear it. You'll likely find me with my hair elastic around my wrist too and that's about it.
Once in a great while, I'll pull out some tiny diamond stud earrings I have but last time I tried, I couldn't put the earring through since it's been so long since the last time I've worn them!
Post a Comment